Goals

If you have a goal, be it big, huge, or small; at the end of every day, ask your self, what did I DO today to get closer to reaching my goal? If the answer is, "I did nothing", then make sure tomorrow you do something. If you are in a rut, making a handwritten to-do list at the very start of your day makes a HUGE difference.

Here are a few things that help me reach my goals, in my personal and professional life:


  1. Get to bed by 10pm and sleep 8 hours
  2. Before I go to bed, have some tea and do my stretching routine
  3. After I let the dogs out, I have my coffee time. Slowly wake up and reflect on what I want to accomplish over the course of the day.
  4. Make a to-do list, on paper or the whiteboard in our kitchen
  5. Have a healthy breakfast
  6. Start chipping away at that list, which always includes aerobic and or anaerobic exercise
I've noticed over the years, that if I get to bed too late, but still get 8 hours of sleep, I don't have the same level of energy or focus. The hour I get to sleep has more of an effect on me than the amount of sleep I get (but 8 is ideal for me).

If you have any secrets that help you reach your goals, I'd love to hear them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY?

Lactic acid and why am I sore?